Monday, September 2, 2013

Super Dungeon Explore - Starfire (Part 4)

Ok I'm FINALLY done!  Here some pictures I took of the finished product in my makeshift lightbox:




So rather than go with the VGC Fire Orange, I decided to use RMS Phoenix Red followed by RMS Fire Orange.  These models aren't particularly detailed which actually gives painters some opportunities to add detail in.  In this case, I stippled in both RMS Fire Orange and RMS Buckskin Pale in an attempt to hint at a scale texture.  I also used gloss varnish over the eyes and in the mouth to give those bits a bit of a wet look.

I could have done A LOT more.  I could have removed all the mold lines, gone much thinner on the paint in general, and maybe put some reflected highlights underneath.  At this point, however,  I feel it's at the target quality level I was going for.

Now on to something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment